Interoperable Electronic Medical Records (EMR) System
Meaningful use of EMR is certainly the "Buzz" these days. In its proposed definition in its Meaningful Use Rule, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) states that such should provide for electronic health records (EHR) technology that is "connected in a manner that provides for the electronic exchange of health information to improve the quality of health care such as promoting care coordination." At Medistar, our secure software system, we refer to as StarPHISH, maintains all patient data, thus allowing physicians to access their patients' most current health information.
We refer to our EMR software, or "Physician Portal," as StarPHISH:
This unique circle of communication manages specific treatment protocols, minimizes errors and offers timely interventions.
Here's how it works:
Best of all, little or no training is required as the system is user-friendly, easily navigated, and absolutely free. An internet connection and the set up of a username and password are all that are needed to begin using StarPHISH.
Some of the benefits of our StarPHISH EMR software include:
- Online patient records to ensure comprehensive care coordination
- Better technology that promotes proactive care delivery
- Physicians, caregivers and office staff are all on the same page when it comes to the patient's care
- 24/7 access to the patient's clinical information
- StarPHISH facilitates the coordination of care between all disciplines and among different providers in the healthcare continuum
- StarPHISH expedites physician billing to CMS
- Offers the capability to easily use electronic signatures
- Easy referral transmission
- Simplifies online review of patients' care plans and other key information
All of this means a seamless patient transition from the physician/hospital to in-home care. This is a major factor in the continuum of care that helps reduce re-hospitalizations and improved patient care.
Maybe one of the best features of StarPHISH is that it is FREE! StarPHISH is a safe and secure, HIPAA-compliant system that requires no programs to be loaded onto your computers. StarPHISH EMR requires no prior computer experience, and it can be accessed through any computer by you or an approved health care staff member, anywhere in the world, anytime, day or night.
Contact Medistar to Learn More about our StarPHISH EMR System
Interested in a live presentation in your office of this exciting capability called StarPHISH? Please contact us online to schedule an appointment for a time convenient to you.