Medistar Home Health: Notice of Privacy Practices
At Medistar Home Health, we take patient privacy seriously and are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of our patients' protected health information. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act’s (HIPAA) privacy regulations established national standards to protect individuals' medical records and other personal health information. We are committed to maintaining necessary safeguards to protect the privacy of health information.
Our Notice of Privacy Practices describes how we use your health information within Medistar Home Health, how we disclose it outside Medistar Home Health, and why.
The Notice of Privacy Practices Covers:
- Uses or disclosures that do not require your written authorization.
- Treatment, payment, and health care operations.
- Uses or disclosures of your health information to which you may object.
- Uses or disclosures required or permitted.
- Uses or disclosures which require your written authorization.
- Your rights as a patient regarding privacy of your health information.
- Our duties in protecting your health information.
- Complaints, contact person, effective date, and acknowledgement.